Sets of aligners

How many sets of aligners will each patient receive? I know that each set is usually worn for a maximum of 2 weeks. Will each patient receive same number of sets?

Typically, patients will get a total of around 20-24 sets of aligners.

1 Like

It can range from 20 to 30 sets of trays. If you have a case that’s difficult and complex, you can get as much as 50 sets.

1 Like

I’m currently on my 5th set and I already see a big difference. My provider said I have an estimate number of 10 to 15 sets left.

1 Like

Can a patient have less than 20 sets?

So having more than 50 sets has a different price compared to someone who has 20 sets only?

wow great for you! Do you have any pictures?

I’m already on my 15th tray. Honestly, when I look at my teeth I think it’s perfect and I wanted to stop my treatment already. But my dentist said I still need a few finishing touches so that my bite will be the ideal, which is Class 1 bite (She explained it to me, but it’s too complicated so I didn’t understand that much :sweat_smile:)

Unfortunately, I didn’t take any pictures of my progress. I didn’t think it will be a success at first so I wasn’t expecting much.

This bite thing was also explained to me by my dentist. From what I understood, Class 1 is the ideal bite, the upper and lower arch are placed in the ideal position. Class 2 bite is when your upper arch is too far in front of your lower arch. And class 3 is when your lower arch is more forward than your front arch.

1 Like

I think the average number of trays is 20 sets. If you need a greater dental adjustment you may go through as much as 50 trays to 60.

My provider told me that I’d have 24 sets of trays. They also told me that I might have refinements after those 24 sets.

I was told I have class 1 bite but I have mild to moderate crowding.

You’re lucky then. I believe that’s the easiest one to treat.

it really depends on how complicated your teeth problem is. I think the minimum will be 20 pairs?