Recommendations / advice please

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking into getting my teeth straightened for a while now and have finally decided to take the plunge and have straighter teeth by summer 2020 hopefully (I’m going on a holiday end of July). Anyway, I’ve done quite a bit of research online and spoken to people but I’m still unsure which I should go for.

I’ve read up about Invisalign and it sounds exactly the same as some of the companies like SmileDirect Club etc but it seems to be much higher price. Has anyone got any experience with them?

Also, I’ve read about an ‘inman’ aligner or something - what exactly is this??

Hi @josephTeeth

Invisalign as a product is very similar to the other treatments on offer but it’s something that’s offered via a traditional dental practitioner and they don’t currently offer it online. The cost is generally a bit higher but it would be best to speak to an Invisalign provider about it if it’s something you’re considering.

An Inman aligner is quite different to clear plastic aligners. Check out their website for more info here: https://www.inmanaligner.com/how-it-works/index.php

Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll take a look at the site. I’m pretty sure I’ll be going for one of the new types of aligners tbh!

1 Like

Hi - my friend did Invisalign and whilst she thought they were good, they were pretty expensive tbh! Think she paid around £4000 but would have to check. I’m looking into either smile Direct or WonderSmile at the moment. X

1 Like

I’ve found this on their main site. You should check it out.

Do you have an update if you had your teeth straightened already? It’s August now so I’m guessing you had aligners?

I’ve been reading on different articles about aligners and Invisalign and I still have a hard time understanding how the system works or how its mechanism is.

Hope someone enlightens me on the system of aligners.

The main difference between Invisalign and other providers is the price. Invisalign is quite pricey because they put attachments on the teeth which would help move the teeth faster. I don’t think other providers need attachments.

Would love to hear about your experience, that is if you pushed through having aligners.