Food restrictions

When wearing traditional braces, you have food you have to avoid to prevent dislodgement of your brackets. Is it the same for aligners?

Since you have to remove your aligners when you eat, you can enjoy your favorite food. That’s one of the reasons why I chose aligners instead of braces.

1 Like

Chewing gum is the only thing you need to avoid when wearing your aligners. The gum might stick on your aligners and it will be hard to remove. It can cause warping of the aligners.

1 Like

One of the best parts of aligners is that you do not have to restrict your diet. You may want to go easy on your teeth after each new set because your teeth may be a little uncomfortable.

1 Like

No specific diet needed for aligners treatment. Colored drinks should also be avoided because it may discolor your aligners. When drinking colored drinks or soda, remember to remove them first. After drinking, rinse your mouth with water or it would be better to brush your teeth.

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t be wearing aligners if I need to avoid eating my favorite food. :smile:

1 Like

You can enjoy any food you want, dear. :grinning:

No food restrictions as long as you remember to remove your aligners first. I forgot to remove mine once when I was chewing gum and I had a hard time removing the gum.

1 Like

One of the best parts of aligners is that you do not have to restrict your diet. They are meant to be removed when you eat, so you do not have to worry about damaging them. You may want to be a little easy on what to eat after each new set of aligners though, because your teeth may be a little uncomfortable or painful while adjusting.

1 Like

Always remember to remove your aligners before eating. That’s the only thing you need to remember when you are eating. You can eat whatever you want as long as you remove your aligners. :wink:

1 Like

I always forget to remove my aligners the first few days I had my first set. :sweat_smile: I only remember when I had my first bite of whatever I was eating. Good thing it didn’t damage my aligners.

That is so true!! Thank God for whoever invented this technology. I dreaded having braces because there are lots of food that aren’t advisable to eat with those on.

1 Like

This is also one of the reasons why I chose aligners. :blush:

Thanks, everyone for your reply! I’ll still enjoy my favorite food because of this option for straightening teeth.

Good luck on your aligner journey! Update us on your results. :grinning:

Let’s thank Zia Chishti and Kelsey Wirth for inventing Invisalign. They invented it when they were still students. Amazing! It all started with them.

I thought only Zia Chishti invented Invisalign? If you look on the internet, his face pops out. I haven’t read about Kelsey Wirth. I wonder why.

I just searched it online and you’re right, mostly Zia’s name is only credited in most of the websites.

Maybe he was the main “brain” or he introduced the idea (?). I can’t find a reason why he’s mostly always the one getting credit for Invisalign.

Yeah, basically he introduced the idea because he had an experience with orthodontic braces. He envisioned clear, removable plastic appliance that can straighten teeth. He created the first version on his own and he just refined the product further with three other students.